We mainly sell industrial computer products from IEI and Mitac, like Touch Panel PC, All-in-One PC, CPU Boards and Embedded PC. ORing (Member of IEI Group) and Milesight Industrial Networking Products and I/O Systems, Converters and Controllers from ICP DAS Co., Ltd. complete our product range. Of course we offer all components which are necessary to assemble a full working industrial computer, like Processor, Memory, HDD/SSD, Add on Cards and Displays.
Our products are suitable for long-term usage in harsh environments. Extended Temperature, humidity, dust, shock and vibration are well known requirements for our employees.
The long time availability of our products offers you planning reliability for your projects. Our stock in Germany reduces delivery times to a minimum.
Show all industrial computer products
CPU Boards & Cards
Industrial CPU Boards & CPU Cards - flexible and upgradeable
Industrial Panel PC and HMI in various display diagonals
Displays & Monitors
Industrial displays and monitors in various display diagonals
Industrial embedded PC - as a barebone or ready-to-use system
19" Rack PC
19" systems and ready-to-use PCs for installation in 19" racks
Industrial tablets, Car PCs and PDAs - for mobile use
Video Capture - Frame grabber and image processing systems
Industrial network components - from sensor to cloud
I / O modules and controllers - for data acquisition and control
DDR and SD RAM memory for industrial use
Industrial storage media
Industrial SSDs (2.5", mSATA, M.2), HDDs, DOMs, CF Cards
CPUs / processors, add-on cards, cases, coolers, power supplies
Industry PC Overview of topics
- 1. Which requirements do rugged industrial computers have to meet?
- 2. What types of industrial PCs are there?
- 3. Which CPU for industrial PCs?
- 4. Which operating system for industrial PCs?
- 5. Which software is useful for industrial PCs?
- 6. Where to find drivers and bios for industrial computers?
- 7. Green IT Industrial PC
- 8. Which typical applications for industrial computers are there?
- 9. Industry PC Videos from IEI
- 10. Industrial Computer News
- 11. Which industrial PC manufacturers are there?
- 12. What does an industrial PC cost?
- 13. Where to buy Industrial PCs?
- 14. You need more information about our industrial computers?
Which requirements do rugged industrial computers have to meet?
Temperature-resistant industrial computer
In an industrial environment, computers are often exposed to high ambient temperatures. In outdoor areas or in vehicles such as buses and trains, the function must be ensured at fluctuating temperatures of up to -40 ° C to + 85 ° C.
Shock resistance of industrial PCs
Shocks and vibration can be dangerous for individual computer components, such as socketed processors. For this reason, permanently soldered components and processors are often used in industrial environments. RAM bars can use Anti-Vibration Fill. This significantly increases the shock resistance compared to conventional computer systems.
Waterproof industrial PCs
IP protection plays a role not only in the marine sector. There are also areas in production halls where splash protection (IP65) is required. Outside it is recommended to use fully protected (IP67) computers.
Especially in the industrial sector, emphasis is placed on low-maintenance systems. This begins with a fanless design that eliminates the need for interior cleaning, to the use of remote maintenance tools and predictive maintenance. Thus, it is possible to minimize downtime and indirectly save costs.
Industrial computer in continuous operation
To withstand 24/7 continuous operation, high-quality components such as processors, capacitors and connectors are installed in industrial PCs. The product design must also be specially tailored to this requirement. For example, special attention should be paid to cooling or avoiding waste heat.
In order to be able to use computers for the longest possible time in the same design, it is necessary to set to long-term available components. ICP industrial computers are therefore available for three, five, or even fifteen years. Revision management and active lifecycle management inform customers about upcoming changes. Thus, residual quantities can be stored early.
Verified accessories that are precisely matched to the respective product ensure compatibility and thus smooth operation. Regardless of whether these are add-on cards that are integrated via ISA, PCI, PCI Express or Mini PCIe, or external accessories that communicate via USB or serial interfaces.
What types of industrial PCs are there?
Panel PC with Touch
Panel PC and all-in-one devices are used for HMI solutions. The integrated display enables the visualization of data in production and in POS and KIOSK applications. As a rule, industrial panel PCs are equipped with a resistive or capacitive touch. Depending on the application scenario, this ensures, for example, the operation of machines with gloves.
Box PCs are available in a wide variety of designs and sizes. Whether particularly compact, particularly robust, rugged or flexibly expandable, there are preconfigured devices for every imaginable application and performance.
Mobile industrial PCs
For mobile data collection in the field, logistics, service or hospitality, rugged mobile industrial computers such as tablet PCs, PDAs or Car PCs are increasingly being used.
Industry Server Solutions
Reliable series with server graded chipsets and corresponding performance are used in the industrial sector.
Custom Industrial PCs
Customized industrial computers are individually assembled on customer request. If required, individual interfaces are brought out or moved, the firmware adjusted or customer images loaded with special software. Bios adjustments and adjustments on board level are also possible on customer request. Before delivery, ICP's industrial computers undergo hardware and software long-term quality tests. This ensures perfect operation and reliability of the industrial PC.
Which CPU for Industrial PCs?
Depends on requirements, different CPUs are built into industrial computers. From economical Intel Atom to Celeron, Pentium, Core I to high-performance Xeon processors with Intel C422 chipset. In addition to standard processors, mobile processors with low waste heat (TDP) are also used. Typically, long-term available processor variants, such as the Intel Core i5-6300U, are used for industrial PC systems.
Long-term available CPUs are marked yellow in our Intel CPU & Chipset Matrix.
Which operating system for industrial PCs?
Windows solutions are used on many industrial computers. In addition to the widely used Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 IoT, Windows 11 IoT as Hi-End, Value or Entry version or specially adapted Embedded Windows versions are currently used.
Also current Linux and Embedded Linux software is frequently in use.
Industrial PCs with RISC processors are shipped with a license-free Android operating system. These are preconfigured „Ready-to-Use“ and the free software license can save costs.
IoT operating system for cloud-based industrial PC
The Linux based operating system QTS for Cloud-based IPC is specially designed for IoT applications. It includes numerous stand-alone tools for system integrators and software developers to realize custom IoT solutions.
Which software is useful for industrial PCs?
Security & Recovery
To secure industrial systems it is recommended to use Security & Recovery Tools . In the event of data loss, these tools can be used to reset the individual systems to their original state, sometimes fully automatically.
With the help of monitoring tools individual components or entire systems can be monitored. They provide information about system health and can be used as a predictive maintenance solution.
In the category Software we offer free software tools for free download in addition to Premium Tools.
Where to find drivers and bios for industrial computers?
ICP Download Center
Current drivers, bios versions and patches for our products can be found in our Download Center.
Green IT Industrial PC
Green IT industrial PCs focus on efficient power supply, activated power saving functions and energy-optimized CPU performance (low thermal design power), CO2 compensation for transport from the manufacturer to the customer, and an upgrade and recycling service.
- ● High energy efficiency: Green IT industrial PCs use energy-efficient components to minimize power consumption. This includes power-saving CPUs, efficient power supplies, and energy-saving memory and hard drive components.
- ● Operating system optimization: Green IT industrial computers are equipped with optimized operating systems that reduce power consumption. This can be achieved by using power-saving modes or by adjusting system settings.
- ● Durability: Green IT industrial PCs are designed to have a long lifespan. This means that they need to be replaced less frequently, which saves resources and reduces environmental impact.
- ● Recyclability: Green IT industrial computers are made from recyclable materials and are designed to be easily recycled at the end of their life.
Green IT industrial PCs can help reduce power consumption, environmental impact, and operating costs while providing high performance and reliability. Therefore, they are a good choice for businesses that value sustainability and environmental protection.
For more information on Green IT in the field of industrial PCs, please visit our external Green IT website.
Which typical applications for industrial computers are there?
Industrial computers are used in a variety of applications and industries, especially in industrial environments where rugged, durable and reliable computers are needed.
Typical applications for industrial computers are:
- ● Manufacturing process control: industrial pc are often used in the manufacturing industry to automate and monitor production processes. For example, they can be used to control machines, collect data and monitor process parameters.
- ● Automation technology: Industrial computers can be used in automation technology to automate and optimize processes such as assembly, packaging and labeling. They can also be used in robotics to control and program robots.
- ● Building infrastructure monitoring and control: industrial pc can be used in buildings and facilities to automate the monitoring and control of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting, and other infrastructure.
- ● Traffic control: industrial computers can be used in traffic control to automate and optimize the control of traffic lights, barriers, and other traffic devices.
- ● Logistics and warehousing: Industrial pc can be used in logistics and warehousing to monitor and control the flow of goods. For example, they can be used to control automated conveyors, monitor inventory levels, and track deliveries.
- ● Medical devices: Industrial computers can be used in medical equipment to control and monitor medical devices such as ultrasound machines, X-ray machines, and patient monitors.
- ● Military and defense applications: Industrial computers can be used in military applications to power systems that communicate, monitor, and control drones, robots, and other weapons systems.
Industrial PC videos from IEI
Industrial Computer News
For up-to-date news and more information about Industrial Computers, Embedded Box PC, Panel PC, IoT, and Cloud solutions, visit our News section.
Here we present you once a week current industrial PC series, robust components, as well as accessories such as add-on cards.
Which industrial PC manufacturers are there?
In order to offer our customers the best products in each area, we have specialized in selected Industrial PC Manufacturers. These, in turn, are leaders in their respective fields. Thus we ensure that we can meet the high quality requirements of our customers.
Among others, we carry products from IEI Integration Corp, Mitac Computing Tec., Cervoz Co, Milesight IOT Co, ORing Industrial Networking Crop.
What does an industrial PC cost?
Thanks to the requirements described above, the costs for the production of industrial PCs are sometimes higher than those of a conventional computer system. This is due both to the selection of higher-quality components and to the more complex product design and certifications. Compared to production downtime or software reprogramming in case of incompatible successor products, these costs are negligible.
On the other hand, there are industrial computer models that are specially designed for cost efficiency and a low price.
Register to see your personal price for your desired product!
Where to buy Industrial PCs?
We offer a wide range of industrial computers and customized solutions to meet the requirements of various industrial applications. Purchasing industrial computers from ICP Germany not only offers a wide selection of models and configurations, but also the opportunity to benefit from our experience and expertise.
In our Industrial PC Online Shop you can comfortably order your desired computers and components. Create a personal account to see prices in €, use your cross-company watch list and request or order products quickly and easily.
Do you need more information about our industrial computers?
Our technical sales team will be happy to advise you personally at [email protected] or at +49 (0)71 21 / 143 23-20.
Our Service and Support is available at [email protected].